Rhys Millen Stands 6th in Points After Round 1 Formula DriftPosted April 09 2012
RHYS MILLEN RACING STARTS THE 2012 FORMULA DRIFT SEASON IN LONG BEACH, CA PLACING 9TH AND STANDS 6TH IN POINTS IN THE FIGHT FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP.
Rhys Millen Racing - Huntington Beach, CA - April 9, 2012
Round 1: Streets of Long Beach kicked off the 2012 season to a sold out audience. The largest driver pool participated in the two-day event with the largest rookie field of any season with 19 rookies. Fans got to see for the first time the all-new 2013 Formula Drift Hyundai Genesis Coupe in action. With the highly developed new chassis, Friday’s qualifying laps put RMR in 2nd place for Saturdays TOP 32.
Day two put Millen up against Formula Drift Rookie Nice D’Alessio in the TOP 32 battle. D’Alessio struggled to keep up with the Genesis Coupe crashing both runs. Millen would move on going up against last years D1 Japan Champion Daigo Saito. Watch the video below for how the battle went.
Onsite Hyundai Activation this year is better then ever. Fans have the opportunity to get up close to SEMA and Production Hyundai Vehicles along with Saturdays personal Autograph Session with Rhys. At Long Beach Hyundai showcased the 2013 Turbo Veloster, 2012 SEMA Xbox Veloster and the all new 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe.
The 2012 Pro Championship season continues for Round 2: Road to the
Championship at Road Atlanta on May 11-12. Tickets are available to
purchase online now. www.formuladrift.com
Formula DRIFT Professional Championship 2012 Point Standings After 1 Event
1. Pawlak, Justin Falken Tire Ford Mustang 106 Points
2. Yoshihara, Daijiro Discount Tire / Falken Tire Nissan S13 92 Points
3. Saito, Daigo Achilles Tire / Bridges Racing Lexus SC430 78.50 Points
4. Powers, Matt Need for Speed / Nitto Nissan S14 69.50 Points
5. Tuerck, Ryan Team Retaks Nissan 240SX 66 Points
6. McQuarrie, Tyler Mobil 1 Camaro 64 Points
6. Millen, Rhys Hankook / Rhys Millen Racing Hyundai Genesis Coupe 64 Points
8. Forsberg, Chris NOS Energy Drink / Hankook Nissan 370Z 63 Points
9. Gushi, Ken Scion Racing Scion FR-S 62 Points
10. Moen, Kenneth Lutz Performance Nissan 350Z 61.50 Points
11. Grunewald, Conrad Hankook Tire Chevy Camaro 57 Points
12. Aasbo, Fredric Need for Speed / Papadakis Racing Scion TC 57 Points
12. Kado, Ryan Ryan Kado Racing Nissan 350Z 56 Points
14. Mohan, Kyle Nexen Tire / Mazdatrix Mazda RX-8 55 Points
15. Bakchis, Aurimas “Odi” Bakchis Motorsports Nissan 240SX S14 54.25 Points
15. Yoshioka, Toshiki RS*R Nissan Silvia S15 54.25 Points
Our partners are more then just sponsors. These world class people and products are what truly drives RMR.
About Formula Drift
Entering its ninth season, Formula DRIFT is recognized as North American's professional drifting championship series. As the first official series in North America, Formula DRIFT has taken competitive motorsports to the extreme, attracting fans and car enthusiasts from all walks of life and establishes itself as the worldwide leader for the Sport. This high-skilled, high-powered motor sport where drivers intentionally maneuver their cars into well executed, controlled sideways slides at high speeds through a marked course, has professional drivers & teams competing in seven championship competitions in 2011. http://www.formulad.com